Monday 22 June 2009

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK


.

This week, we are really spoiling you - how? -

We are giving you a choice of which design of Card you want to make up for your Challenge entry


STAIR STEP FOLD CARD

or

FREE STANDING POP UP CARD


Both of these techniques are covered in full for you in the Tutorial section, so maybe having a look at these will help you decide which one you want to create for the Challenge this week.
Remember you can print off the Tutorials for you to refer to as you create your card. They are both a little challenging, but the finished result is well worth the effort -they really will allow your creativity to blossom.

The Design Team were all asked to create the Stair Step Fold card, and Dawn has followed this style of card but turned it on its side, so this is an option too. Debbie has done both because we asked her to create a feature Free Standing Pop Up card as part of her tutorial this week, and she has done a magnificent job.
A special thank you this week to Murielle from Scrapmumur who is our Guest Designer of the week, she has produced a really beautiful card for us.

You will find hopefully lots of inspiration from the DT cards, there is also loads more information and photographs on each individual DT members blog - so just click on their name above the photo images and it will take you there. Clicking on the card itself will enlarge the card for you to see more detail

So - go create - we cannot wait to see what you come up with xx

ABBY


.


.


.

.
DEBBIE (2 cards)




.
.
.



Please post your challenge entries in the Comments section below and if possible please try to do a direct link to the card on your blog page - support on how to do this is in the Hints and Tips section.

Closing date for entries to be in for the prize draw is Sunday 28th June 6pm UK time, but of course you can keep your entries coming in after that time to share with everyone if you wish to. The tutorial on how to post a link is under Hints and Tips - Enjoy!!


44 comments:

  1. Stunning cards ladies!

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards ladies i will be back thanks for another inspiring challenge
    judex

    ReplyDelete
  3. The samples are so fantastic that I'm almost afraid to enter. I'll be back later.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow fab cards from the design team. I too am nervous about listing my card, but I've had a go using my set of the prize I'm giving to show how pretty it is. I hope you agree. Happy crafting everyone. Hugs Zoƫ x

    here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Great cards from the DT and wonderful tutorial. Sorry had problem adding card. Hopefully this will work.

    Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Super DT samples,
    you can see my entry HERE ON MY BLOG
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards. Great job DT.
    Very interesting challenge. My card is here

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG these cards are absolutely stunning well done DT you have done yourselves proud. ******

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards from the DT again this week.
    I really enjoyed making this card, but not trying to photograph it.

    Hugs T x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Amazing challenge this week certainly took us to next level,stunning cards youve produced .
    Here’s my entry
    thanks hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok...trying again.... I love Stair Stepper caards...here's the one I made this week:
    Dustin’s Dino Scene

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful Challenge this week!! And splendid tutorials also!! The DT samples are breathtaking!! I tried a stair step for the very first time so hope you will enjoy!

    Here is my submission

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiya Ladies,

    Thankyou for the awesome tutorials, and so sorry I havent had a chance to join in before now, the DT creations are stunning.

    Mine is here

    Thanks for looking. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards!
    Here comes my card
    Thanks for looking!
    Hugs, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  18. great cards from the design team.

    this is my entry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for inpiring me to try something I have not done before. Keep up the fabulous work laies!!
    You can view my stair fold card
    here
    Thanks
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the great tutorials! I normally don´t do szene cards but had to try the stair step folding card. And here you can see it.
    Thanks for looking!
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi tried the popup card first but couldnt get it to work so i did the stair step instead you'll find it here

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here's my entry

    I enjoyed the challenge, beautiful DT cards again, thank you for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the tutorial, it came in handy as I have never done one of these cards before
    Here is my entry
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for the inspiration Girls, I love coming over to see what you have in store for us next. I am still making Lollipop flowers from a couple of weeks ago I loved doing them so much!!
    Anyway love the DT cards ,keep up the great work.
    here is mine, thanks for looking
    Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. great tutorials and the Dt cards are fab
    here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ladies these tutorials were great and I love all the samples!!! Here's my card and I wish I knew how to make it a prettier link but I don't, so here it is, a direct link to my card:

    http://th-ink-ingofyou.blogspot.com/2009/06/grow-in-grace-and-amazing-grace-sneak.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi great tutorials and dt cards are fab
    here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  28. The DT's creations are fabulous! I'd never made a stair step fold card before so I wanted to give it a shot. Thanks for looking! Hugs, Christine

    http://christinespaperplayplace.blogspot.com/2009/06/next-level-stair-step-fold.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi LADIES
    wow great challenge and fab dt cards.
    here's mine
    hugs kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful job on the stair step cards! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  31. afraid this is a very simple accordion fold card, but i had fun doing it

    ReplyDelete
  32. afraid this is a very simple accordion fold card, but i had fun doing it

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow you ladies are soo talented and I just couldn't stop looking at all your gorgeous creations, I loved the pop up card the step cards. I finally found the time to join in with your challenge this week hugs Jill xx
    you can find my entry here.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. These cards are so much fun I cannot wait to make another one. here is my stairstep card

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful tutorials again girls, I had such fun time in making my free standing card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great challenge I love the DT creations


    Here is my card

    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for another great challenge. Love the DT examples and the instructions were really clear.

    here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  39. Brilliant challenge and love the tutorials! Can't get enough of this! Bit late though but it's not 6pm yet..lol..have a good week. Here is my Entry

    ReplyDelete
  40. Well I am late...but will post anyway!

    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  41. This was a real challenge. A bit late also.

    Here's my card.

    ReplyDelete