This week in the Tutorials, we would like to feature colouring your stamped images using aqua/water based paints. Examples of these are Stampin Up, Tim Holtz distressed inks and many more you will find available. This is the preferred colouring medium used by Mindy, one of Design Team members and her colouring is just superb. So she has prepared the tutorial to give you an insight of how she lays down the colour to achieve the finished effect which can be seen on her DT card for this week's challenge.
So here it is............
MINDY'S TUTORIAL ON PAINTING WITH AQUA/WATER BASED PAINTS
1. First of all gather together all of your supplies. Stamp your image - Stazon works the best when using water paints. Also for best results try to use Watercolour paper if you have some to get a soft effect - you can try other card types - but watercolour will give the best results.
3. I started with the ruffles at the bottom and the neck - dip your aqua painter/brush in the lid of your stamp pad or just touch gently the pad itself. I started at the ends of the ruffles moving in towards the centre of the dress, the color will start to fade.
7. Finish the entire dress.
8. Dont forget to color darker under her arms
9. When dry, you are going to put another layer of color on the outer part of the dress to add a little more definition. Remember not to blend all the way to the centre - just a tiny bit inwards. See here I have completed this on the left hand side of the image above.
10. After you have done the entire outside of the dress again you are finished!
And here is the completed card I made for the Challenge this week showing the image - I hope you found this tutorial helpful and if you have not already tried using water based paints - give it a try- you will love it.